- We use passive voice when we want to focus the attention on the person or thing receiving the action.
- The agent is the person or thing performing the action. He is the subject of the passive sentence.
- Simple present: LIBRARY IS VISITED BY LITTLE GIRLS EVERY WEEK
- Present Continuous: IMPORTANT DECISIONS ARE BEING TAKEN BY THE GOVERNMENT
- Simple Past: AT THE MUSEUM A HIVE OF BEES WAS FOUND
- Past Continuous: WHEN THE POLICE ARRIVED TWO MEN WERE BEING TORTURED
- Present Perfect: STREETS HAVE BEEN BLOCKED BY PROTESTORS
- Past Perfect: KIM KARDASHIAN HAD ONLY BEEN SEEN BY HER FANS ONCE UNTIL TODAY